Skip to main content

Veterans and Military Student Support Center

Please note: All service members must provide their official Military orders to the Veteran & Military Student Support Center╠ř (jsuveterans@jsums.edu) and all of your professors.

Attention: Chapters 30, 35, and 1606 do not guarantee automatic registration completion. These funds are paid directly to the student and not the university. ╠ř You must make payment arrangements with the Business Office or have enough Financial Aid or Student loans to cover the cost of attendance since the benefit pays a monthly stipend directly to the student and not the institution. The Business Office will not defer payment for Chapters 30, 35, and 1606 recipients. Financial services need to know how you intend to complete your registration to prevent being purged for non-payment.╠ř╠ř


░┬▒­▒˘│Ž┤ă│ż▒­:╠ř The Veteran & Military Student Support Center at ║┌┴¤╠ý╠├ welcomes you!╠ř We are eager to assist you as you continue your educational journey with us and hope that your time at ║┌┴¤╠ý╠├ will be a rewarding experience. ╠řCongratulations╠řand thank you on the service you have given our country.

Mission:╠ř To support the mission of the Division of Student Life through the development and implementation of outreach programs designed to provide student support services focused on the special needs and requirements of todayÔÇÖs military veterans, service members, dependents and survivors.╠ř The Center was established to improve and enhance the success of student veterans, to help them receive the benefits they deserve, to serve as a liaison between the veteran student community and the University and to increase their academic success.

Location and Contact Information:

The Veteran & Military Student Support Center is located on the 3rd Floor (Suite 302) (across from the elevators)╠řof the Jacob L. Reddix Building.╠řThe staff provides assistance to student veterans, dependents, and military service members. Should you have any questions or need assistance, please contact our office at 601-979-0889,601-979-1755, or 601-979-1365. Or Via e-mail: jsuveterans@jsums.edu.

*Current Service Members and Veterans only, to receive credit for HEALTH and PE courses you must submit your DD FORM 214 (SEPARATION PAPERS) and Official Military Orders. You must also submit your OFFICIAL MILITARY TRANSCRIPT for credit evaluation. Please note, that it is your Academic DepartmentÔÇÖs sole discretion as to which courses will be credited toward your degree requirement.*

*GI Bill┬« is a registered trademark of the U.S.╠ř Department of Veterans Affairs.*

Campus Support Services Include:

Veteran Career Transition Program: Through the Career Services Center,╠ř resources will be provided to guide students through navigating their job search, enhancing their resume, and preparing for the interview process.╠ř Career Services Center is located on the 1st Floor of the Jacob L. Reddix Building (Suite 110).

Counseling Services:╠ř The Latasha Norman Counseling╠ř and╠řDisability╠řServices & ADA Compliance Centers╠ř offer╠ř╠řsupport to student veterans as they transition into civilian life.╠ř This service is designed to discuss issues related to their military experience and provides mental health counseling. The Latasha Norman Counseling╠řCenter is located in the JSU Student Center on the 2nd floor. The╠ř Disability╠řServices & ADA Compliance Center╠řis located in the╠řStudent Center, 2nd floor╠řRoom #2110.

Veterans Work-Study Program:╠řThis program is designed to offer part-time work to veterans, service members, and dependents currently receiving veteran education benefits.

JSU Air Force ROTC: This program gives men and women the opportunity to become Air Force officers while completing a degree. (601) 979-1620.

JSU Army ROTC: This program gives men and women the opportunity to become Army officers while completing a degree. ╠ř(601) 979-8600

Out- of- State Tuition╠řWaiver:╠ř JSU takes pride in being a top “Military Friendly School” and may waive out-of-state tuition for those student veterans, dependents, and service-members who qualify.╠ř Military students╠řthat╠řqualify for the╠ř$500╠řout╠řof╠řstate fee waiver are students that are using Post 9/11 GI Bill┬« and we must have the official certificate of eligibility from the VA, along with other paperwork.╠ř╠ř╠řContact the Veteran & Military Student Support Center for more information call 601-979-0889. Or send an email to jsuveterans@jsums.edu.




Veterans Intake Form
Student Acknowledgement VA Certification Policy


Department of Veterans Affairs and Military Transcripts

JSU Resources

JSU Academic Calendar
Undergraduate Admissions
Division of Graduate Studies
Division of Business and Finance
Financial Aid
Apply to JSU
JSU Online
JSU Scholarships

The following major national organizations offer scholarships primarily to active duty military, veterans, and/or their families:

Veterans of Foreign Wars

Email: ng.ms.msarng.mbx.education-office@army.mil
Office Numbers: (601) 313-6300╠řor╠ř(601) 313-6442

MyCAA Scholarship for spouses of service members on active duty. Additional information can be found at

Additional Scholarships